- prepares drafts of regulations and other documents delivered by the Municipal assembly, President of municipality and Municipal Council
- executes decisions and other documents of the Municipal assembly, President of municipality and Municipal Council
- gives solutions in the legal proceeding in the first degree on the rights and duties of citizens, companies, institutions and other organizations from the basic field of activity
- performs monitoring tasks on the fulfilling of the regulations and other general documents of the Municipal assembly
- introduces laws and other regulations assigned to Municipality
- performs professional and other tasks determined by the Municipal assembly, President of municipality and Municipal Council
- delivers reports on its work on the performing of the Municipal tasks and tasks assigned to the President of the municipality, Municipal Council and Municipal Assembly at least once a year.
Beside tasks from municipal jurisdiction, Municipal Board performs tasks of national administration in certain areas that are assigned to Municipality by Authonomous Province or Republic, by law or other regulation.
Municipal Board performs tasks based on and within the Constitution, law, Statute and other municipal acts.
Work of Municipal Board is public, and accesible for critics and public civil control, in manner defined by law and Statute.
Employees in Municipal Board are obliged to perform their duties expertly, not to be guided by, or representing personal political convictions.